Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NatsSan NatsSan is offline

Default Sign for paragraph automatically appears and dots between words

I had tried to copy and paste something from Google into a Word document. All
of a sudden the paragraph symbol started appearing and dots in between words.
I can't rid of it. Now all of a sudden all of my Word documents have that. I
even uninstalled and reinstalled Word in hopes that would correct it. No such
luck.

Does anyone have a suggestion other than reformatting which I do not want to
do.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You have turned on formatting marks (nonprinting characters).
Press Ctrl+Shift+8 or click the ¶ icon on the Standard toolbar to turn off
formatting marks. If this does not help, select Tools Options View tab
and make sure that both "Spaces" and "All" are deselected in the Formatting
marks group. Click OK.

For further details about formatting marks, see this article:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"NatsSan" wrote:

I had tried to copy and paste something from Google into a Word document. All
of a sudden the paragraph symbol started appearing and dots in between words.
I can't rid of it. Now all of a sudden all of my Word documents have that. I
even uninstalled and reinstalled Word in hopes that would correct it. No such
luck.

Does anyone have a suggestion other than reformatting which I do not want to
do.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NatsSan NatsSan is offline

Default Sign for paragraph automatically appears and dots between word

Thank you so much. I've used Word for years and have never had this happen.
I do believe I had a panic attack. Your information has been most helpful.

"NatsSan" wrote:

I had tried to copy and paste something from Google into a Word document. All
of a sudden the paragraph symbol started appearing and dots in between words.
I can't rid of it. Now all of a sudden all of my Word documents have that. I
even uninstalled and reinstalled Word in hopes that would correct it. No such
luck.

Does anyone have a suggestion other than reformatting which I do not want to
do.

Unwanted paragraph symbol putting dots between words Pamunkey Hawk Microsoft Word Help 10 December 8th 10 06:28 PM
How to get rid of paragraph ending marks and dots between words? annevita Microsoft Word Help 2 October 25th 06 05:47 PM
i can't type a space it appears a dots how can i fix this? Megan Page Layout 2 June 19th 06 07:05 PM
Paragraph sign kriton New Users 14 July 4th 05 10:22 AM
Cannot copy text which appears with black dots below it! Richiev4 Microsoft Word Help 1 November 24th 04 05:03 PM