Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Alice Sharee Alice Sharee is offline

Default in a table my dates changes when i open. want it to stay

I use Word XP
I have a word documet that is about 50 pages. Each day i go in & fill in
some of the tables. When I open it each day ALL my dates change to the
current date. I would like them to stay as what ever date I did that table
on.

Also, is the a way to have numering of my tables start new each day?

This is the table i use but the lines did not transfer to this form

BAN:
START TIME
EXCEPTION MANAGER YES
TYPE OF ORDER
CUSTOMER NAME
DUE DATE
ACTIVITY STEP
CITY & STATE
REGION
TECH IN FIELD NO
TN
END RESULT
END TIME

Thank you for any help you can give me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

How are you inserting the dates? If you just typed them as regular text,
they would not change. If you are inserting a date field, select the data
and then hold down the Ctrl and the Shift key and press F9 to convert the
date to ordinary text.

Re the numbering, how are you inserting it? Have you tried right clicking
on the first number in a table and then selecting bullets and numbering and
check the radio button for restart numbering.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP