Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grd Grd is offline

Default How to stop automatic style creation

Hi,

Everytime I directly modify a stlye in the document I get another style
created based upon that in my Styles TAsk pane.

Its driving me crazy. How do I switch it off

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sally
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margaret Aldis Margaret Aldis is offline

Turn off Keep Track of Formatting in Tools Options Edit.

Actually, these aren't new styles but "formatting" - though they do become
styles rather too easily if you "Modify". The setting does have its uses if
you are trying to clean up direct formatting - makes it easy to see where
you have overridden styles, to select and if necessary apply a different
style.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP