Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
THANSEN THANSEN is offline

Default Headers and footers

I've almost gotten this stuff down. However, I still can't figure out how to
disconnect footers/headers. Example: I need the header on pages 2 thru 12,
and the footer on pages 1 thru 11. Everytime I try to modify one (the
header), it does the same modifications to the other (the footer). Please
help. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Headers and footers always work in sync. You need to insert two section
breaks: one after page 1 and one after page 11.

Headers: in section 2, activate the header and clear 'same as previous'. Set
up the header you want. This will show in section 2 onwards.

Footers: in section 1, set up the footer you want. Now go to section 3,
activate the footer, clear 'same as previous', and delete the footer.