Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Advance Scout Advance Scout is offline

Default mail merge freezing (or hanging )

I have a word mail merge doc that has not given me any problems until
yesterday. When I try to open it it locks up at "waiting for microsoft
excel to accept dde commands" and then the document doesnt open ... it
just freezes.

Heres what I know:
I have multiple copies of the same word doc and spreadsheet- none are
working...but I copied them to another computer and they are working there.

If I start a new spreadsheet with some dummy data and then try to create
a new mail merge envelope in Word the same thing happens- It freezes
when trying to merge. So apparently its either Word or excel thats
causing the problem.... OR another application interfering.

I also tried a system restore to last week when the mail merge was
working and still nothing.

Oh yeah - windows xp and office 97

Any ideas?