Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Action Jackson

Default can you protect a "forms" doc. but still allow for spell checking

I've created a word doc. with "form" fields and protected the doc. so that
only the form fields can be modified by users. Is it possible to allow for
spell checking within these form fields? It seems that when you protect a
doc. is no longer allows for spell checking
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier

Yes, you can.
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/...ProtectDoc.htm should
help get you going.

Let us know if you need more help.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"Action Jackson" Action wrote in
message ...
I've created a word doc. with "form" fields and protected the doc.
so that
only the form fields can be modified by users. Is it possible to
allow for
spell checking within these form fields? It seems that when you
protect a
doc. is no longer allows for spell checking

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...ProtectDoc.htm
and http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm .

Action Jackson wrote:

I've created a word doc. with "form" fields and protected the doc. so that
only the form fields can be modified by users. Is it possible to allow for
spell checking within these form fields? It seems that when you protect a
doc. is no longer allows for spell checking

How to protect shared documents saved on the server from remov jarv26 Microsoft Word Help 0 November 23rd 05 08:10 PM
Cannot Protect a Mail-Merge Form DaveDVF Microsoft Word Help 3 October 27th 05 07:03 PM
How can I enable the Protect Form icon on a DOT file I created? LDP-NYC Page Layout 0 September 30th 05 01:29 PM
Can't protect my form BCBC Tables 2 May 17th 05 09:18 PM
All I want to do is protect my Word document. Why is XP so diffe. I Hate Computers Microsoft Word Help 3 January 13th 05 09:56 PM