Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sf

Default Here's a weird one

Maybe someone can tell me how to fix this problem. I copy something
from the internet which has been posted in Mastercook Mac form. I put
it into Notepad to strip the formatting and it looks fine, all I need
to do is change the font. Copy/paste it into Word... now, it's a mess
and requires lots of work from me to make it look decent.

What's wrong with this picture?

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

What's a mess? Could be anything.

See the article "Cleaning up text pasted from the Web" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"sf" wrote in message
Maybe someone can tell me how to fix this problem. I copy something
from the internet which has been posted in Mastercook Mac form. I put
it into Notepad to strip the formatting and it looks fine, all I need
to do is change the font. Copy/paste it into Word... now, it's a mess
and requires lots of work from me to make it look decent.

What's wrong with this picture?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sf

1. I thought pasting text into notepad strips formatting, it doesn't?
2. When I paste it into Notpad, the tabs are fine. When I copy from
notepad and paste into word, the tabs are messed up, no other problems

``````````````````````````````

"sf" wrote in message
Maybe someone can tell me how to fix this problem. I copy something
from the internet which has been posted in Mastercook Mac form. I put
it into Notepad to strip the formatting and it looks fine, all I need
to do is change the font. Copy/paste it into Word... now, it's a mess
and requires lots of work from me to make it look decent.

What's wrong with this picture?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sf

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 21:45:54 +0200, Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:

What's a mess? Could be anything.

See the article "Cleaning up text pasted from the Web" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm

I should have used paste special. It's a little better, not much but
better. Tabs were my only problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
POP

wrote:

What's a mess? Could be anything.

See the article "Cleaning up text pasted from the Web"
at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail
yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"sf" wrote in message
Maybe someone can tell me how to fix this problem. I

copy something from the internet which has been posted
in Mastercook Mac form. I put it into Notepad to
strip the formatting and it looks fine, all I need to
do is change the font. Copy/paste it into Word... now,
it's a mess and requires lots of work from me to make
it look decent. What's wrong with this picture?

TIA

Notepad uses spaces to represent tabs; which you are discovering.

HTH
Pop