Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
apertus apertus is offline

Default How do I bracket several lines of text?

I often need a large brace over 3 or more lines of text. For example, if I
am attempting to demonstrate that three lines of a recipe are also known as
by a single term, I would like a brace to the right encompassing the 3 lines
of text, with a single term at it's crest (center). This is simple in Word
Perfect, but I can't figure out how to do it in MS Word 3000.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Renee [MSFT] Renee [MSFT] is offline

In Word you'd use Insert-Autoshape and select the bracket shape from the
Autoshape toolbar menu. Draw it to the right of your text. Then
double-click to the right of the crest where you want to type, and it should
give you the blinking insertion point to type. (if it doesn't, check
Tools-Options-Edit and turn on "Enable Click and Type")

This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
apertus apertus is offline

"apertus" wrote:

I often need a large brace over 3 or more lines of text. For example, if I
am attempting to demonstrate that three lines of a recipe are also known as
by a single term, I would like a brace to the right encompassing the 3 lines
of text, with a single term at it's crest (center). This is simple in Word
Perfect, but I can't figure out how to do it in MS Word 3000.

Thanks Renee. It's a little clumsy to work with, but it gets the job done.
I will see if I can figure out to make macros for the dimensions I use most
often. Thanks again for the help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Create one you like and make an AutoText entry of it.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See: