Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
athesp athesp is offline

Default Line spacing

I am new to Word. Single spacing a document seens to allow too much space
between lines. How do I narrow the space? Or default 1/2 space? Or?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There are two elements to setting line spacing in Word: 1) line spacing,
and 2) spacing before and after a paragraph. In Word 2007, the default
line spacing in Word 2007 is 1.15, the default spacing before a
paragraph is 0 points, and the default spacing after a paragraph is 10
points. You need to change the Normal style line spacing to single and
the spacing after to 0 points, and then click on Default. See
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...165231033.aspx "DRAFT:
Adjust the spaces between lines or paragraphs" for more information.

athesp wrote:

I am new to Word. Single spacing a document seens to allow too much space
between lines. How do I narrow the space? Or default 1/2 space? Or?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shakti Shakti is offline

Thank you sooo much! It worked! The live-link you inserted was very helpful.
Why the hell did they do that in the 1st place .. was drivin me nuts!
sheesssh

from Shakti in The Great White North (aka Canada)