Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gabriella777_2 Gabriella777_2 is offline

Default Creating disappearing text in a word doc.

I am attempting to create my own "template" for a word document that will be
used by others. I want to insert text, that when the user clicks on it it
will disappear and allow them to add new text.
If anyone knows how this is done , I would sincerely appreciate the help,
please.
I previously posted this in the templates page and got no answer . . .
I know this is possible - but I can't find how to do it myself.
--
Thanks and God bless you and yours,
Gabriella777_2

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

On Feb 9, 1:11 pm, Gabriella777_2
wrote:
I am attempting to create my own "template" for a word document that will be
used by others. I want to insert text, that when the user clicks on it it
will disappear and allow them to add new text.
If anyone knows how this is done , I would sincerely appreciate the help,
please.
I previously posted this in the templates page and got no answer . . .
I know this is possible - but I can't find how to do it myself.
--
Thanks and God bless you and yours,
Gabriella777_2

Try a macrobutton field constructed something like:

{ Macrobutton NoMacro "Click and type"}

Use CTRL+F9 to enter the field braces, select, right click and toggle
field codes.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Chuck is offline

wrote:
I am attempting to create my own "template" for a word document that will be
used by others. I want to insert text, that when the user clicks on it it
will disappear and allow them to add new text.
If anyone knows how this is done , I would sincerely appreciate the help,
please.
I previously posted this in the templates page and got no answer . . .
I know this is possible - but I can't find how to do it myself.
--
Thanks and God bless you and yours,
Gabriella777_2

Try a macrobutton field constructed something like:

{ Macrobutton NoMacro "Click and type"}

Use CTRL+F9 to enter the field braces, select, right click and toggle
field codes.

This is close, but not exactly what I'm looking for. In this macrobutton,
the text disappears when you start to type, not when you click into the
region. However, I can make this work if there's not something else.

Thanks, Greg ... that was some awesome turnaround!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gabriella777_2 Gabriella777_2 is offline

Thanks everyone for your assistance. This was almost exactly what I was
looking for. When it worked I did a little dance! (Yes, I am easily amused!
: ) )
Have a wonderful weekend! Thanks also for the quick response!
--

wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Greg ... that was some awesome turnaround!- Hide quoted text -

Chuck,

I didn't read your question very well. You can do that using
application events.

See: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/AppClassEvents.htm

Relax, it looks daunting but really not that hard.

Bookmark the text you want deleted automatically when clicked. Lets
call the bookmark name "DeleteMe"

Put this code in the "Windows Select Change" event:

If Selection.InRange(ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("Delete ME").Range) Then
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("DeleteMe").Range.Delete
End If

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Chuck is offline

Greg,
I'm using the {Macrobutton NoMacro ...} but having problems.
1) In the .DOT, I toggle all field codes to hide the {Macrobutton NoMacro
and this works
2) If I close the .DOT, when reopened, all the Macrobutton fields are
visible (field codes are NOT toggled).
3) worse, if I create a .DOC from the .DOT, all the {Macrobutton NoMacro
field codes show up/are visible!

Yikes, is this a bug? Should not the Macrobutton fields be not visible in a
..DOC created from the .DOT?

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Chuck is offline

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Greg, I'm assuming you meant the WindowSelectionChange event.

I'm not getting the text to disappear. The bookmark is in the .DOT, and I
followed the linked instructions. I'll go back. I imagine folks have some way
to debug/trace these things to see where the code is going awry?
thanks Greg!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck Chuck is offline

Sigh. If you've read this far, here's what I found ...
In Word, you can choose Tools Options and select the View tab. Under the
"Show" section, you can unclick "Field Codes".

Once you do this, .DOCs created from your .DOT do not present the field
codes, and click and enter work as advertised.

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

A quicker way to show/hide field codes is to press Alt+F9.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP