Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Island Girl

Default Conditional fields

I'm just starting to appreciate and understand conditional fields in page
numbering. Although I don't at this time need to have the following
circumstances apply, I was just thinking "what if?"

Suppose I wish to have the Page 1 header of a document read "Beginning" and
the last page to read "The End" with all pages in between showing the actual
page numbers.

Could I do this all in one header or do I need to divide the document into
sections?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Yes, you could do this.

Oh, you want to know how? The easiest way to get "Beginning" is to enable
"Different first page" and put "Beginning" in the First Page Header. For
End, use a field such as this:

{ IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES } "End" { PAGE } }

"Island Girl" wrote in message
I'm just starting to appreciate and understand conditional fields in page
numbering. Although I don't at this time need to have the following
circumstances apply, I was just thinking "what if?"

Suppose I wish to have the Page 1 header of a document read "Beginning"

and
the last page to read "The End" with all pages in between showing the

actual
page numbers.

Could I do this all in one header or do I need to divide the document into
sections?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey

IG,

You could do it all in a nested conditional field:

{ IF { Page }="1""Beginning"{ If { Page }={ NumPages }"End"{ Page } } }

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

"Island Girl" wrote in message
I'm just starting to appreciate and understand conditional fields in page
numbering. Although I don't at this time need to have the following
circumstances apply, I was just thinking "what if?"

Suppose I wish to have the Page 1 header of a document read "Beginning"
and
the last page to read "The End" with all pages in between showing the
actual
page numbers.

Could I do this all in one header or do I need to divide the document into
sections?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

You can do it in one section - and indeed in one header.

Take a look at http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm.
For even more, see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm.

--
Charles Kenyon