Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
GH

Default Conditional Fields..

I have 2 Regions called Region 1 and Region 2. Reg 1 has 4 divisions; Div 1,
div 2 etc. Reg 2 has only 2 divisions. Can I create a mergeed document that
creates the line "Your region 1 has the following divisions: ........(it
would then say 1 2 3 & 4)". For the reg ion 2 document it would only have
division 1 & 2.

I know this is confusing but the data I am trying to merge has many more
regions and divisions.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?R0g=?=,

I have 2 Regions called Region 1 and Region 2. Reg 1 has 4 divisions; Div 1,
div 2 etc. Reg 2 has only 2 divisions. Can I create a mergeed document that
creates the line "Your region 1 has the following divisions: ........(it
would then say 1 2 3 & 4)". For the reg ion 2 document it would only have
division 1 & 2.

I know this is confusing but the data I am trying to merge has many more
regions and divisions.

In the mail merge FAQ on my website, take a look at the discussion on
one-to-many mail merges. There are links to examples of the three workarounds
discussed. From your description, the KB article using SET and IF fields should
work...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Sounds like you are probably trying to perform a "multiple items per
condition (=key field)" mailmerge which Word does not really have the
ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.