Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] aprice06@vt.edu is offline

Default how do I add frequently used words so I don't have to retype them

In the old version of Word you could put words in a list & then all you had
to do is type a few letter of the word & it would automatically put the word
in for you. On the new version 2007. I can't seem to find that feature.
Can you tell me where that feature is. I have to do a lot of repeative
typing & this really came in handy.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It's AutoCorrect, and the feature is still available: Office Button | Word
Options | Proofing: AutoCorrect Options.

http://word.mvps.org

" wrote in
message ...
In the old version of Word you could put words in a list & then all you
had
to do is type a few letter of the word & it would automatically put the
word
in for you. On the new version 2007. I can't seem to find that feature.
Can you tell me where that feature is. I have to do a lot of repeative
typing & this really came in handy.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

AutoText is still there under Quick Parts but now called Building Blocks.
You can still use Alt+F3 to add new AT. However, AutoComplete popups have
gone, so you have to type the shortcut and press F3 to execute it or select
it through the menu (which doesn't really save time unless it is long
paragraphs you are entering).

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

" wrote in