Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Derek Hart

Default Combine Documents

I am trying to combine documents into one long document. This will be done
via VBA. Each document can have many different styles, and there is no
style consistency between documents. I have tried this a little and I am
getting unpredictable results when I place section breaks (next page)
between documents. Shouldn't the last section break in each document
properly section off the settings. Are there some other settings that I
have to be concerned about. I have read about too many bugs in master
documents, and I have been playing with the TechTav1 macro suite. How can I
do this?

Derek Hart

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barb Reinhardt

I've done something like this very successfully with VBA. The separate
documents remain separate, but they are printed out through what I'll call a
master document, for lack of a better term.

See this link for more information:

"Derek Hart" wrote in message
I am trying to combine documents into one long document. This will be done
via VBA. Each document can have many different styles, and there is no
style consistency between documents. I have tried this a little and I am
getting unpredictable results when I place section breaks (next page)
between documents. Shouldn't the last section break in each document
properly section off the settings. Are there some other settings that I
have to be concerned about. I have read about too many bugs in master
documents, and I have been playing with the TechTav1 macro suite. How can
I do this?

Derek Hart

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Derek Hart

Interesting... Is there a way to see the document as one long document? I
saw the macro that can print these out one by one, but I can do that in VBA
by sending each one to the printer.

"Derek Hart" wrote in message
I am trying to combine documents into one long document. This will be
done via VBA. Each document can have many different styles, and there is
no style consistency between documents. I have tried this a little and I
am getting unpredictable results when I place section breaks (next page)
between documents. Shouldn't the last section break in each document
properly section off the settings. Are there some other settings that I
have to be concerned about. I have read about too many bugs in master
documents, and I have been playing with the TechTav1 macro suite. How can
I do this?

Derek Hart

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The Section Breaks only maintain the header/footer information, not the
styles. You will have problems if there is no style consistency between
documents. I believe that there is a way of combining .pdf files so if a
file in that format was acceptable, printing and combining .pdf's might be
the way to go.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.