Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Danyell

Default How do I password protect certain files?

Is it possible for me to password protect some files? If so, how?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JB

Select Tools Project Document menu

or

Select Tools Options Security tab

and enter your password for open/edit.

JB

Is it possible for me to password protect some files? If so, how?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Don't forget the password(s) or you will not be able to open the then
encrypted document. You can set the level of encryption from the tools
options security dialog. The default setting is the weakest.