Madyson54

Default How do I create an ID card using Word?

I work with a non-profit organization sponsored by a religious group with
little in the way of budget money. We would like to create ID cards for use
by our members. We have Office 97 and would like to create ID cards using
Word which we can then print on photostock, laminate and give out to our
members. Can anyone give some simple directions on how to do this?

Thanks.
Anne Troy

Hi, Madyson. I should think this would be fairly simple:
--New Word doc, change page layout to landscape with .5" margins all around.
--Insert a table with with as many columns as you have pieces of
information, i.e., First Name, Last Name, ID Number, etc.
--Save it, close it.
--Create a mail merge. Go to Tools-Mail Merge, and choose Labels as the
document type, then choose Business Cards (you can buy these first, and then
choose the one you bought. Please be smart and buy Avery or Avery equivalent
plain old business cards--nothing fancy or your laminate won't stick!).
Follow the mail merge instructions he
http://www.theofficeexperts.com/word.htm#MailMerge (starting with Step 1)

I hope it helps!
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Madyson54" wrote in message
I work with a non-profit organization sponsored by a religious group with
little in the way of budget money. We would like to create ID cards for

use
by our members. We have Office 97 and would like to create ID cards using
Word which we can then print on photostock, laminate and give out to our
members. Can anyone give some simple directions on how to do this?

Thanks.

Actually, Avery makes cards for just this purpose. Look for Avery Laminated
Name Badges, stock no. 5362. Word 2003 (and probably earlier versions) have
a label definition for this in Tools | Letters and Mailings | Envelopes and
Labels, but if your version of Word doesn't have this definition, I'm sure
the Avery package includes setup instructions.

news:dbd63$42bdd3da$97c5108d$9742@allthenewsgroups .com...

"Madyson54" wrote in message
I work with a non-profit organization sponsored by a religious group

with
little in the way of budget money. We would like to create ID cards for

use
by our members. We have Office 97 and would like to create ID cards

using
Word which we can then print on photostock, laminate and give out to our
members. Can anyone give some simple directions on how to do this?

Thanks.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I create an ID card using Word?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here are the steps to create an ID card using Microsoft Word:
  1. Open Microsoft Word and create a new document.
  2. Go to the "Page Layout" tab and select "Size." Choose the size you want for your ID card. The standard size for an ID card is 3.375 inches by 2.125 inches, which is the size of a credit card.
  3. Next, go to the "Insert" tab and select "Shapes." Choose the rectangle shape and draw a rectangle on your document. This will be the main area for your ID card.
  4. Customize the rectangle by right-clicking on it and selecting "Format Shape." You can change the color, border, and other properties of the rectangle to fit your needs.
  5. Add text to the ID card by selecting the "Insert" tab and choosing "Text Box." Draw a text box inside the rectangle and type in the information you want to include on the ID card, such as the member's name, photo, and ID number.
  6. Customize the text box by right-clicking on it and selecting "Format Shape." You can change the font, size, and color of the text to match your organization's branding.
  7. Add a photo to the ID card by selecting the "Insert" tab and choosing "Picture." Select the photo you want to use and insert it into the document. Resize and position the photo inside the rectangle as needed.
  8. Once you have finished designing the ID card, you can print it on photostock paper and laminate it for durability.

I hope this helps you create ID cards for your non-profit organization!