Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Eric G

Default Page numbering in footers, Outside margin, Page Number + Number of Pages

Hello

Windows XPP SP2

Office 2003 SP1

When printing in duplex, I would like to use page numbering in the footer, on the "outside" margin containing both the page number and the total number of pages, e.g. in the format 1 (12), or similar.

In Word, it's easy to use the command, Insert - Page Numbers - Position: Bottom of page, Alignment: Outside. But, this command only enters the page number, not the number of pages, and as far as I can see, there is no option for this either.

As Word inserts the page number in a frame, I've used this Insert - Page Numbers command, then through View - Headers and Footers, positioned my cursor in the frame and added the Insert Number of Pages into same, and, in my case, the two brackets, thereby getting an acceptable result.

I can, of course, go straight into Headers and Footers, enter the Page Number and Number of Pages command, but how do I get these positioned at the outside margin? Is there a function for this, that I've missed?

There must be some easier way of doing this than my primitive way of doing this, as described above?

Grateful for any suggestions.

Eric G

Stockholm, Sweden