Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John... Visio MVP John... Visio MVP is offline

Default Looking for a suggestion on how to handle a header

Does anyone have a suggestion for including two pieces of information in a
header AFTER massaging? I can get the information in the header using
StyleRef, but I would like to truncate the combined string if it is longer
than a certain length and add "..." to the end.

I have an update macro that builds tables, so I can easily add extra code to
the routine to do the combining and massaging of the information, I just
need an idea of where the massaged information can be placed so it can be
picked up by the header.

John... Visio MVP