Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Caseybay Caseybay is offline

Default How do I use Excel worksheet #2 as datasource for MailMerge?

I'm using Mail Merge to print contracts. In the past, I've just defined a
range of cells and named it. In step 3 of MailMerge Wizard, when I selected
the recipient list, I browsed to the file, then I get the "Confirm Data
Source" box from which I choose DDE so my dollar formatting won't be messed
up. Next, the "Named or Cell Range" box appears, and the only choice is
"entire spreadsheet". I used to get (last week) the names of my ranges in
there. What am I doing wrong?
I'm using Word 2002 and Excel 2002.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

With DDE you cannot specify the sheet. I used to think you could only see
the "first" sheet, but I think if you
a. display the sheet you want in Excel
b. then connect from Word, or
c. close the workbook, then connect from Word

you may get what you want. Otherwise, if you need to stick with DDE, you'll
probably be better off copying the content of the sheet you want to be the
only/first sheet in another workbook.

Peter Jamieson