Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Spesh

Default Viewing multiple Word Documents in succession

Hi all,

I would like to know how to view WORD documents in succession easily. I have
a folder with about 180 documents in it and I would like to open the first
document and then somehow click a "next" button to get to the next document,
in that specific folder, rather than going to "open documents" and then
clicking on the next file....a slideshow of documents perhaps

If you can get back to me on

that would be great
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 18:49:27 -0800, "Spesh"
wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to know how to view WORD documents in succession easily. I have
a folder with about 180 documents in it and I would like to open the first
document and then somehow click a "next" button to get to the next document,
in that specific folder, rather than going to "open documents" and then
clicking on the next file....a slideshow of documents perhaps

If you'd be satisfied with seeing just the first part of the first
page, you can do that within the File Open dialog. In the upper
right corner of the dialog, click the down arrow of the Views button
(just to the left of the word "Tools") and choose Preview. As you
click each file in the list, the preview will appear on the right.

If you need to open each document in turn for editing, then you'll
need a macro. Let us know if you need that.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

some tricks:

1. If the documents can be saved as html or xml, you can build a form
(either in VBA or in VB6 or .NET) that shows a preview of the files in
an internet explorer control.
2. if the documents are .doc, you can (again) build a form that
extracts the summary of the document from it's properties and shows it.
that isnt like a preview, and it requires a summary to be avilable.
3. last option , implement the first option (use the ie control) to
show .doc files. this actualy works, but will complicate your code and
decrease user expirience due to GUI limitations.

Ask me if you need info about how to implement each of the above

wrote:

[...]

Line Spacing in Word Stephanie New Users 3 February 15th 06 10:17 PM
Converting Word Perfect forms to Word forms elyse Microsoft Word Help 1 February 15th 06 09:17 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Boiletplates from Word Perfect linda Microsoft Word Help 1 January 28th 05 06:37 PM