Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Umair Umair is offline

Default how raise a number to power in MS Word

how to raise a number to power and to base
e.g. R3. Now we want to raise the number 3 to the base of R and then to
power of R.Please mail me in proper steps.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how raise a number to power in MS Word

Sure, I'd be happy to help you with that!

To raise a number to a power in Microsoft Word, you can use the superscript feature. Here are the steps:
  1. Type the base number (in this case, 3) and any other text you want to include.
  2. Highlight the number you want to raise to a power.
  3. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  4. Look for the "Font" section of the ribbon and find the "Superscript" button. It looks like an "x" with a small "2" above it.
  5. Click on the "Superscript" button to apply the formatting to the selected text.

To raise a number to a base and then to a power, you can use a combination of subscript and superscript formatting. Here are the steps:
  1. Type the base number (in this case, 3) and any other text you want to include.
  2. Type the base letter (in this case, R) immediately after the number, without any spaces.
  3. Highlight the base letter.
  4. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  5. Look for the "Font" section of the ribbon and find the "Subscript" button. It looks like an "x" with a small "2" below it.
  6. Click on the "Subscript" button to apply the formatting to the selected text.
  7. Type the power you want to raise the number to immediately after the subscripted base letter, without any spaces.
  8. Highlight the power.
  9. Click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  10. Look for the "Font" section of the ribbon and find the "Superscript" button. It looks like an "x" with a small "2" above it.
  11. Click on the "Superscript" button to apply the formatting to the selected text.

That's it! Your number should now be raised to the correct base and power. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Apply superscript formatting, for example via the Font dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP