Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
SuzyQ SuzyQ is offline

Default Themes and Templates

I am in the process of converting all my company's templates into 2007. I
have been looking at the theme concept for setting up a standard colour theme
for our corporate colours.

While this is working lovely on my test computer. How will I get this
working for all users? I can't seem to work out where the themes get saved.
Can you attach it to a template? I had hoped to build it into a Global
template that I have for styles/shortcuts/standard information.

**Before anyone suggests it I have an IT department that doesn't even
believe in customising Normal to our corporate font! So I don't have that
avenue open to me.

Susan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hello Susan

SuzyQ wrote:
I am in the process of converting all my company's templates into 2007. I
have been looking at the theme concept for setting up a standard colour theme
for our corporate colours.

While this is working lovely on my test computer. How will I get this
working for all users? I can't seem to work out where the themes get saved.
Can you attach it to a template? I had hoped to build it into a Global
template that I have for styles/shortcuts/standard information.

**Before anyone suggests it I have an IT department that doesn't even
believe in customising Normal to our corporate font! So I don't have that
avenue open to me.

I don't believe (much) in customizing Normal, either. I'd prefer to
leave Normal alone, and standardize the individual templates.

That said, since you're talking not only colors, but also fonts: why not
creat a whole new Design? When you save this, you get a prompt and my
Word 2007 (Vista here) defaults to

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Temp lates\Document
Themes\Design1.thmx

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports

I DON'T WANT TO USE THEMES Sophia Page Layout 1 September 1st 08 05:35 AM
Themes Jandem Microsoft Word Help 1 April 14th 08 04:42 PM
Seeking selection of templates with headings-style themes hmm Microsoft Word Help 1 March 13th 07 11:54 AM
Help Using Themes ginakw2005 Microsoft Word Help 2 April 17th 06 03:58 PM
Themes WordFool Microsoft Word Help 1 January 19th 06 05:33 PM