hummingbird mom

Default 2 different sets of page numbering in Word 03

Word 03-I need whole document page number in header and section Page x of y
in footer. Article ID 291283 on Microsoft support site is exactly what I
want to do. After I put in all the code as instructed, the x of y works
usually, but the whole doc scheme restarts at beginning of each section. To
troubleshoot, I can't tell if the field codes refer to the x of y series or
the other one, and am not sure what to try to remove or change.

Doug Robbins

Not sure what that article says, but you need to go to each section and in
the Page Number format dialog, set the page numbers to continue from the
previous section. (InsertPage NumbersFormat [change setting]OKCLOSE.

Then this is the way that I get the section page x of total section pages y

You will need to put a SECTIONPAGES field at the end of each Section. That
will display the number of pages in the Section. You will need to assign a
bookmark to each of those fields (Section1 for Section 1, Section2 for
Section 2, etc.

Then in the Header/Footer of Section 2 you will need the following formula
to display the section page numbers of that Section

{ = { PAGE } - { PAGEREF Section1 } }

In Section 3 you will need

{ = { PAGE } - { PAGEREF Section1 } - { PAGEREF Section2 }}

etc for each Section.

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters { }. It will
NOT work if you just type those from the keyboard. You use Alt+F9 to hide
the field codes and F9 to update the formula so that it displays the result.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP