Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
olstrain

Default DRAGGING COLUMN WIDTH

I have tables that when I tried to click and drag to adjust the column widht,
they just won't budge. Even if the table doesn't take up the whole page.
I've even tried using the SHIFT key. I'm using Word 2002 and 2003 and it
happens in both. I am what I consider very comfortable with WORD but this
one has me baffled.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?b2xzdHJhaW4=?=,

I have tables that when I tried to click and drag to adjust the column widht,
they just won't budge. Even if the table doesn't take up the whole page.
I've even tried using the SHIFT key. I'm using Word 2002 and 2003 and it
happens in both. I am what I consider very comfortable with WORD but this
one has me baffled.

What about if you use the Table/Properties/Column dialog box? Can you see some
setting there that might be influencing things? Can you change the widths there?

Do these columns contain content, or are they empty?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
olstrain

Doesn't matter if they contain text or not.
I have turned all the settings off in the properties box

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?b2xzdHJhaW4=?=,

I have tables that when I tried to click and drag to adjust the column widht,
they just won't budge. Even if the table doesn't take up the whole page.
I've even tried using the SHIFT key. I'm using Word 2002 and 2003 and it
happens in both. I am what I consider very comfortable with WORD but this
one has me baffled.

What about if you use the Table/Properties/Column dialog box? Can you see some
setting there that might be influencing things? Can you change the widths there?

Do these columns contain content, or are they empty?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?b2xzdHJhaW4=?=,

I have turned all the settings off in the properties box

that's not what I asked. I asked if you can change the row
height or column width by expressly typing in different
settings in that dialog box.

If you convert the table to text, then the text back to a
table (do NOT use Undo) does that make any difference?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)