kscott25

Default Index field codes appear even when Hidden Text is turned off

Hello everyone. When I open my manual (created in Word 2003), the Index field
codes appear. I then select Options from the Tools menu and uncheck Hidden
Text. My Index field codes disappear, and I save and close the document.
However, when I reopen the document, the Index field codes appear once again,
and I see that Hidden Text is check. It's as if I never made and saved
changes. This is very frustrating since I have to explain to my reviewers
that this is a problem that I cannot resolve. Has anyone come across this
problem? If so, please provide any suggestions. Thank you in advance for your
help.
Karl

kscott25

Suzanne,
Thank you, but unfortunately, it did not work. The Hidden Markup setting
under the Security tab was checked; however, the Index field codes still
appear when I reopen the document. The interesting thing is that I now have
to uncheck Hidden Text (under Tools Options) twice to clear the Index field
codes. I think we're on to something.

Do you think my document is corrupt?

Regards,
Karl

"kscott25" wrote in message
Hello everyone. When I open my manual (created in Word 2003), the Index

field
codes appear. I then select Options from the Tools menu and uncheck Hidden
Text. My Index field codes disappear, and I save and close the document.
However, when I reopen the document, the Index field codes appear once

again,
and I see that Hidden Text is check. It's as if I never made and saved
changes. This is very frustrating since I have to explain to my reviewers
that this is a problem that I cannot resolve. Has anyone come across this
problem? If so, please provide any suggestions. Thank you in advance for

your
help.
Karl

That was my point. Try *clearing* the check box on the Security tab and see
if that makes a difference.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This may be affected by the "Hidden markup" setting on the Security tab

of
Tools | Options.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"kscott25" wrote in message
[...]

convert field codes to text in table of contents J.Enevoldsen Microsoft Word Help 2 April 15th 05 05:07 AM
Enter data in 1 text form field & have multiple locations fill Lee Microsoft Word Help 1 March 16th 05 10:56 PM
help, problem with text field in word 2003 Salvatore Microsoft Word Help 1 January 21st 05 03:40 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 06:17 PM