Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
sparklemotion

Default How do I get a customized document to print correctly?

Help! I am using Word 2000, and trying to print a document on a paper size
that I manually set in Page Set Up. (I am printing Invitations)
- I have set the paper size to custom size, Width 5.0625" and Height 5.25"
- Then I have set my margins .5" on top, bottom, left and right
- I input my text
- I defined my paper size in my printer tools
- and then press print
- HERE IS THE ISSUE: Although i have loaded the smaller, square paper, it is
still printing as though my document were 81/2"x11" -- so the text is not
being centered correctly on the smaller paper - thereby running off of the
page.

WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO DO??? I have been losing sleep over this - literally.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If what you are trying doesn't work, then you have to abandon that
technique. Instead, treat your small paper as if it *were* 8.5x11 and set
your margins accordingly.

"sparklemotion" wrote in message
Help! I am using Word 2000, and trying to print a document on a paper size
that I manually set in Page Set Up. (I am printing Invitations)
- I have set the paper size to custom size, Width 5.0625" and Height 5.25"
- Then I have set my margins .5" on top, bottom, left and right
- I input my text
- I defined my paper size in my printer tools
- and then press print
- HERE IS THE ISSUE: Although i have loaded the smaller, square paper, it

is
still printing as though my document were 81/2"x11" -- so the text is not
being centered correctly on the smaller paper - thereby running off of the
page.

WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO DO??? I have been losing sleep over this -

literally.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LurfysMa

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 03:22:01 -0800, "sparklemotion"
wrote:

Help! I am using Word 2000, and trying to print a document on a paper size
that I manually set in Page Set Up. (I am printing Invitations)
- I have set the paper size to custom size, Width 5.0625" and Height 5.25"
- Then I have set my margins .5" on top, bottom, left and right
- I input my text
- I defined my paper size in my printer tools
- and then press print
- HERE IS THE ISSUE: Although i have loaded the smaller, square paper, it is
still printing as though my document were 81/2"x11" -- so the text is not
being centered correctly on the smaller paper - thereby running off of the
page.

WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO DO??? I have been losing sleep over this - literally.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I just posted this exact same question a day earlier. Suzanne posted
the solution -- two solutions actually.

The second solution (adjusting margins on an 8.5 x 11 page) should
work on anhy printer, but it is a bit of a hassle.

The first solution (setting up a custom paper size in the printer
setup (as opposed to the page setup), will work if your printer
supports that. Maybe if you post the model number of your printer,
someone will know a solution for that printer.

Also, check out my post and Suzanne's answer.

Good luck

--
For email, use

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LurfysMa

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 12:11:07 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

I think I would not want to "waste" one of the user-defined paper size
settings on a custom paper size this specialized. I would guess it wouldn't
be used often.

That would be a choice each user would make for themselves, no? I have
no idea whether this special paper is a one-time deal for this user or
if he will use it every day. I think he ought to have the available
options and he can choose.

If there is a limited number of custom sizes, that would be a factor,
of course. I have not yet run into the limit on my system. I have
defined 4-5 that I will keep and another 8-10 for testing.

One useful aid would be a macro or template that would put up a form
asking for the paper dimensions and then setting the margins
appropriately. Maybe I'll take a crack at writing one...

--
For email, use