French grammar check in Word documents

Old January 9th 06, 08:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default French grammar check in Word documents

I have recently installed Windows XP whereas before I was just using Office
2000. Since installing XP the French spelling and grammar check option in
Word no longer works properly. Now only the spelling of the text is checked
and despite having tried to re-install Office 2000, the grammar checker still
does not seem to be installed and my computer keeps asking me to insert the
Office Premium CD and then when I insert the Office CD that I used before, it
tells me that I haven't got the right CD- any ideas?
Old January 19th 06, 04:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmEgVGhvbWFzLCBCYXRo?=,

I have recently installed Windows XP whereas before I was just using Office
2000. Since installing XP the French spelling and grammar check option in
Word no longer works properly. Now only the spelling of the text is checked
and despite having tried to re-install Office 2000, the grammar checker still
does not seem to be installed and my computer keeps asking me to insert the
Office Premium CD and then when I insert the Office CD that I used before, it
tells me that I haven't got the right CD- any ideas?

I'm having trouble figuring out what Windows XP has to do with the version of
Word? Do you mean you've installed Office XP? Or that you upgraded Windows from
one version to a newer one?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org