how to delete some pages entirely but not change anything of other pages'(including page header and page footer)?

Old March 9th 07, 07:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Zhukf

Default how to delete some pages entirely but not change anything of other pages'(including page header and page footer)?

I am editing a word document. I want to delete many pages entirely from the
beginning to the place where I will start to edit. But how can I delete the
pages
conveniently? I select the content of these pages,then delete. But after I
did this, all pages' header and footer are lost and all pages' automatic
numbering are changed(I mean starting from 1).

Old March 9th 07, 12:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Since you are losing headers and footers when deleting the first
pages, the document consists of at least two sections whose
headers/footers are linked. (To see how many sections there are in the
document, go to the last page and then look at the status bar: Which
number displays after "Sec"?)

In the second section, click View | Header and Footer. Click the Same
as Previous / Link to Previous button on the Header and Footer toolbar
to unlink headers. Repeat this for the footer. If you enabled
"Different first page" and "Different odd and even," your document has
three different headers (and footers) for each section. You will have
to unlink each of those separately. If there are more than two
sections, repeat for any subsequent sections.

When you've done the above, you should be able to delete the pages
that you want to get rid of. If you want page numbering to start at a
value different from 1, change this in the Page Number Format dialog
box (access it by clicking the Format Page Number button on the Header
and Footer toolbar).

For more about headers and footers, page numbering, and sections, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm,
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm, and
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm.

--