Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bird101472 Bird101472 is offline

Default Insert Word Field is inactive

I have a successful mail merge document working and need to modify an
inserted nested IF statement. The document was created in a version of WORD
prior to Word2003. What's the problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Press Alt+F9 to toggle on the display of field codes, then make the
modification as required. If no field codes are displayed, you are using
the result of the mailmerge, rather than the mail merge main document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Bird101472" wrote in message
I have a successful mail merge document working and need to modify an
inserted nested IF statement. The document was created in a version of
WORD
prior to Word2003. What's the problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bird101472 Bird101472 is offline

Doug thanks for your help. I used Alt+F9 and the field codes displayed. The
"Insert Word Field" button is active (highlighted) but its drop down window
is null (doesn't display). What am I doing wrong in order to get this button
to allow selections from its options? I have made the doc's modifications I
needed by manually changing the nested if statements but I'd like to be able
to use the "Insert Word Field" button for future enhancements & doc
developments.