Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Insert key

In Word 2003, you will have to clear the "Use the INS key for paste" option
in Tools | Options, Edit tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jerry" wrote in message
If you're in Word 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button , and then at
the
bottom of the dialog, click Word Options.
In the left pane, click Advanced.
Under Editing options, select the "Use the Insert Key to control overtype
mode" check box.
In 2003, it was under Tools - Options, but I can't remember which tab it
was
on there.
I hope this helps.

"David" wrote:

How can I re-enable the function of the Insert key so it will overwrite
if I
want it to do so?