Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chappieray chappieray is offline

Default Printing/Preview Problem in Office 2003

I'm having a problem previewing and printing MS Word 2003 documents. When I
click preview, only one page displays. I cannot scroll to see the other
pages in the document. Ditto for printing. I try to print the document and
only the first page prints.

I can view the entire document in Normal View, but only the first page can
be seen in Print Layout View!

I know (I think) this has to be a problem with a setting some where, but for
the life of me I cannot find it! I just recently read that the normal.dot
(template ?) might be corrupt and I followed directions to delete it, restart
Word and it would replace the normal.dot with a new, fresh copy. It did, but
I still can't preview or print, per above!

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If this problem is with a specific document, try the following in that
document: On the Format menu, click Columns. Click the "One" option,
even if it already appears to be selected. Click OK.

Note that deleting normal.dot (or, which is better, renaming it) and
have Word create a new copy only fixes problems with that
template--and new documents based on it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"chappieray" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

FANTASTIC!

Your insight/knowledge is outstanding and I greatly appreciate the help.

I tried (did) what you recommended and it worked like a charm! I can now
view and print the document and preview it as well.

I have several documents I created (not long ones--about 3-5 pages) and I
was having to print them one page at a time--by copying from the normal view
and guessing how much a page was! What a relief to get this fixed!

Thank you again.
chappieray
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe Joe is offline

I too have this problem and your advice worked. I had to change presets to
one. It happens every time I paste text from the internet. Is there a
default setting I can change to have it automatically be set to one?

Thanks,
Joe.