Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marius Carlia Marius Carlia is offline

Default How can I type in Japanese in word?

Hey, I've been trying for the past few months to get my computer to type in
Japanese and I can't seem to do that. I've already tried changing the
keyboard layout but when I preview, or type, only Romanized letters are
present.

Do I need a special keyboard or something?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hey, what version (e.g., 2002, 2003, 2007, etc.) of Word?
Hey, what language version (e.g., English, Japanese, etc.) of Word?
Hey, what version of Windows?
Hey, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555375 .

Marius Carlia wrote:

Hey, I've been trying for the past few months to get my computer to type in
Japanese and I can't seem to do that. I've already tried changing the
keyboard layout but when I preview, or type, only Romanized letters are
present.

Do I need a special keyboard or something?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marius Carlia[_2_] Marius Carlia[_2_] is offline

LOL never mind. I figured it out. I was expecting my keyboard layout to
have hiragana and katakana instead of Romanized letters only to realise,
after googling, that you type the character's sound and the program replaces
it with the coresponding Kana. LOL Like, if I type sushi, the character for
su and shi replace their respective syllables.