Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Mike is offline

Default Signing a PDF loses bookmarks

Dear All,

Word 2007, Adobe Acrobat 8, XP

I create a PDF from a word document using Word's "save as PDF/XPS" plugin.
This PDF correctly has bookmarks based on the document's table of contents,
and clicking on the bookmarks while in Acrobat takes me to the correct page.

I then use Adobe Acrobat 8 to digitally sign the PDF. As soon as I do this,
clicking on bookmarks within the document does not take me anywhere. This is
a property of the document, as saving and reopening the (signed) document has
the same behaviour.

The bookmarks are obviously there, as the mouse pointer changes type when
you hover over them. However, clicking on them does nothing.

I am not sure whether this is an Acrobat issue or a Word issue, so have
cross-posted this in an Adobe forum as well.

Thanks in advance for any help,

David