GoneFission

Default A Question About the Track Changes function in Word

My industry tracks revision changes to documents via "rev bars" in the margin
of changed text. This is exactly what Word puts in when track changes
feature is used. The problem is that when I tell Word to accept the markups,
the rev bars vanish.

What I want to do is to have an option to accept the changes so that the
markups vanish, but Word leaves the rev bars in the margin so that the fact
that a change was made to a line or paragraph remains noted. If this is not
supported in any current version of Word, I would like to propose it as an
improvement.

The revised track function should have options to reject changes, accept
with rev bars, and accept without rev bars. A second run through with accept
without rev bars would remove the old rev bars before the user creates new
ones.

I am using Office 97 on my PC, but my organization has tested Office XP (and
is currently testing Office 2003 with plans for rollout), and the testers
cannot help me, either.
Genine

HI Gone
Track changes can't do what you want it to do at the moment, no matter which
version of Word you're using. I've also used DeltaView (from Workshare) and
CompareRite (Lexis/Nexis) and neither of them will show margin bars after you
have accepted a change.

This isn't really the place to make suggestions to Microsoft, we are all
just ordinary people helping each other!

If you want to contact Microsoft with ideas for improvements, they have a
page on their website so you can do that. Search for mswish on the
microsoft.com home page or click on the link below.

http://register.microsoft.com/mswish...2Fthanks%2Ehtm

Genine