Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael.Morton Michael.Morton is offline

Default how do I copy a shape and insert at the cursor

I want to insert the same shape at several places in the document. I can
copy the shape but I can not paste it at the cursor position. The shape will
appear on the document where i can see it but I have to manually position the
shape each time.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Shapes, as in AutoShapes, are by default a floating image instead of
InLineWithText.
Change the Layout (found under Format Autoshape, or in the Picture toolabr
the little dog icon) to In Line With Text. The copy, and the next paste will
retain that attribute and paste to where you want it to go.
If you want the shape to actually be floating then unfortunately you will
have to manually move the shape to where you want it.
Hope this helps
DeanH