Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nikakim

Default Missing PDFMaker Icon

I've got Adobe Acrobat installed on my system, but the pagemaker feature in
Word has gone missing. Any advice on how to retrieve it? For some reason it's
present in my other Office apps, like Excel and Project...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Which version of Acrobat? See
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm for inspiration.
Note Word uses a different add-in from Excel etc.

nikakim wrote:
I've got Adobe Acrobat installed on my system, but the pagemaker
feature in Word has gone missing. Any advice on how to retrieve it?
For some reason it's present in my other Office apps, like Excel and
Project...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire

A lot of people seem to ask for help getting it out of rather than into
Word. I posted a way to get rid of it yesterday. However, that is also the
way to get it out. Instead of entering an X to stop the program, click one
of the other options. See if that works.

My earlier post:
I assume you are using Adobe Acrobat, not just the free reader, which does
not create PDF files. I have used this simple way to get rid of the Adobe
Acrobat PDFMaker in Word and Outlook. No macros or anything. Go to Control
Panel and Add/Remove Programs. Scroll down to Adobe Acrobat and click
Change/Remove. The setup wizard will start. Click Modify and Next. A
directory tree will appear. Click on the + sign next to Create Adobe PDF
and then on the + sign for Adobe PDFMaker. You should see a list of
programs under this, including Microsoft Office, each with an icon to the
left. Click on the little arrow on the icon and you will have a few
choices. You want the X ("This feature will be unavailable...") for Office
and for any other programs where you don't want the PDFMaker running. I did
this for both Office and Outlook. Click Update and follow the rest of the
instructions. This got rid of that toolbar and all the Acrobat issues with
Word for me, while allowing me to use Acrobat whenever I needed it.

"nikakim" wrote in message
I've got Adobe Acrobat installed on my system, but the pagemaker feature
in
Word has gone missing. Any advice on how to retrieve it? For some reason
it's
present in my other Office apps, like Excel and Project...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nikakim

I'm afraid the below method didn't quite do the trick. I did what you
suggested, and it turns out that I already have PageMaker set up to all my
Office programs, but am currently unable to create PDF's of Word documents (I
have Acrobat 6.0).

Any other suggestions/

"nikakim" wrote in message
I've got Adobe Acrobat installed on my system, but the pagemaker feature
in
Word has gone missing. Any advice on how to retrieve it? For some reason
it's
present in my other Office apps, like Excel and Project...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

See http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/328909.html "PDFMaker
is unavailable in a Microsoft Office application (Acrobat 6.x on
Windows XP or 2000)".

nikakim wrote:

I've got Adobe Acrobat installed on my system, but the pagemaker feature in
Word has gone missing. Any advice on how to retrieve it? For some reason it's
present in my other Office apps, like Excel and Project...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nikakim

This was precisely the info I needed. So simple and direct. Thanks!

My "File" icon on word has done missing! HELP!! Lucy Microsoft Word Help 2 December 20th 05 06:15 PM
Bullets missing under format icon Bean Counter Microsoft Word Help 3 August 9th 05 07:33 PM
how do I add the adobe toolbar back into Word? It has disappeard hkc Microsoft Word Help 2 May 20th 05 02:56 PM
Word Icon Missing Gibbyfk4 New Users 1 May 17th 05 08:31 PM
Icon Blinks or Flashes WayneS Microsoft Word Help 2 November 24th 04 03:05 PM