Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stanj6769 stanj6769 is offline

Default Change default picture position from inline to floating in MS Wor.

When I insert graphics in Word 2007, I always want the graphic to be movable,
floatable. But the default setting is inline. It is annoying to have to
always change this manually every time I insert a graphic in a document. How
can I change the default setting so graphics come in as floating, not inline?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

stanj6769 wrote:
When I insert graphics in Word 2007, I always want the graphic to be
movable, floatable. But the default setting is inline. It is annoying
to have to always change this manually every time I insert a graphic
in a document. How can I change the default setting so graphics come
in as floating, not inline?

Go to Office button Word Options Advanced Cut, Copy, Paste section.
Open the dropdown labeled "Insert/paste pictures as" and select any of the
choices other than In Line With Text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Office Button | Word Options | Advanced: Cut, copy, and paste: Insert/paste
pictures as...

http://word.mvps.org

"stanj6769" wrote in message
When I insert graphics in Word 2007, I always want the graphic to be
movable,
floatable. But the default setting is inline. It is annoying to have to
always change this manually every time I insert a graphic in a document.
How
can I change the default setting so graphics come in as floating, not
inline?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stanj6769 stanj6769 is offline

Default Change default picture position from inline to floating in MS

Thank you. That answered my question perfectly. I wonder why this issue does
not seem to appear (at least I sure couldn't find it) in Microsoft's Help.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

stanj6769 wrote:
When I insert graphics in Word 2007, I always want the graphic to be
movable, floatable. But the default setting is inline. It is annoying
to have to always change this manually every time I insert a graphic
in a document. How can I change the default setting so graphics come
in as floating, not inline?

Go to Office button Word Options Advanced Cut, Copy, Paste section.
Open the dropdown labeled "Insert/paste pictures as" and select any of the
choices other than In Line With Text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

DawnNeil DawnNeil is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanj6769 View Post
When I insert graphics in Word 2007, I always want the graphic to be movable,
floatable. But the default setting is inline. It is annoying to have to
always change this manually every time I insert a graphic in a document. How
can I change the default setting so graphics come in as floating, not inline?
Apart from altering the default Word Option, you can choose to run a macro to change all inline pictures to floating ones.

Just create a new module and paste the following codes:

Sub ChangeInLineWithTextPicToFloatingPic()
Dim objDoc As Document
Dim objInLineShape As InlineShape
Dim objShape As Shape

Set objDoc = ActiveDocument

With objDoc
For Each objInLineShape In .InlineShapes
objInLineShape.ConvertToShape
Next objInLineShape

For Each objShape In .Shapes
objShape.Select
Selection.ShapeRange.WrapFormat.Type = wdWrapBehind
Next objShape
End With
End Sub

Running a macro will only affect the current document. To change picture wrapping style in another document, you will have to run the macro again.

For more detailed information, you can refer to this article:

https://www.datanumen.com/blogs/3-wa...word-document/

Hope that helps!

Dawn

Last edited by DawnNeil : April 20th 17 at 09:01 AM