Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Shana

Default How can i remove headers and footers from last page of document?

I'm using Word 2002. I want to remove the headers and footers from the last
page of the document. I've seen an option for removing from first and last,
but I don't want to remove them from the first page. I tried selecting the
option "from this point forward" and "this section only" but they didn't work
(my doc doesn't have sections).

Do I need to add a blank first page, and use the option to remove from first
and last? Or is there a way I can just remove them from the last page?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
macropod

Hi Shana,

You can do this with a bit of field coding.

In your header or footer:
.. press Ctrl-F9 to create a field - Word will insert a pair of field braces
(ie '{ }')
.. move to the right of the field and create another one, so that you've got
'{ } { }'
.. select both fields and press Ctrl-F9 again to create another field
enclosing both of these ((ie '{ { } { } }')
.. type amongst these fields, so that you end up with:
{IF{PAGE}= {NUMPAGES} "" "Header/Footer here"}
replacing 'Header/Footer here' with your real one. Pay careful attention
to the spacing
.. Press F9 to update the field.
Now the Header or Footer will display on every page except the last.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]