Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lananhh3 lananhh3 is offline

Default Status Bar in Word 2007?

Hi, I was wondering if anybody knows how to hide/show the status bar in Word
2007. Mine has somehow hidden itself and I cannot find it again. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In theory g, the status bar at the bottom of the screen in Word 2007 doesn't have a 'hide' capability directly, other than being
in Full screen reading view, but...

Are you in Print Layout View?

If you restart Word in Office safe mode (hold ctrl key when starting Word) do you have the status bar back?

============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lananhh3 lananhh3 is offline

Thank you! I was not in print mode. I could not figure it out so I
reinstalled Word and it came back!

"lananhh3" wrote in message ...
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knows how to hide/show the status bar in Word
2007. Mine has somehow hidden itself and I cannot find it again. Thanks!
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
minnie21 minnie21 is offline

hello, i have the same problem. i dont see my status bar. i am in print
layout view. if i open microsoft word in safe mode, the bar will be back.
however, if i dont, my status bar wont be there. how do i make the status bar
appear back?

"lananhh3" wrote in message ...
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knows how to hide/show the status bar in Word
2007. Mine has somehow hidden itself and I cannot find it again. Thanks!
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The fact that the bar appears in safe mode is an important clue. It
probably means that there's an add-in that's interfering, possibly
because it's incompatible with Word 2007.

Restart Word in regular mode and go to Office button Word Options
Add-Ins. Use the dropdown at the bottom and the Go button to visit the
dialog for each class of add-ins and uncheck all of them. Restart Word
again, and see if the status bar appears. If so, re-enable the add-ins
(or at least the ones that you actually use) one at a time, to see
which one causes the status bar to disappear -- then disable or
uninstall that one.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman