DanielVillatoro

Default How do I delete blank spaces in word?

I have created a fill-in document and there is a sentence that may or may not
be included in the final document. If the statement is not to be included, I
delete it. However, the space that the sentence should have occupied, is now
a blank space and it make the document look unprofessional. Is there anything
I can do to also delete the space if sentence is not needed?

The document has to be password protected so that users do not change its
contents.

Thank you for your help.
Anne Troy

Delete the paragraph return that follows the sentence. See:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"DanielVillatoro" wrote in
message ...
I have created a fill-in document and there is a sentence that may or may
not
be included in the final document. If the statement is not to be included,
delete it. However, the space that the sentence should have occupied, is
now
a blank space and it make the document look unprofessional. Is there
anything
I can do to also delete the space if sentence is not needed?

The document has to be password protected so that users do not change its
contents.

Thank you for your help.

Anne Troy

Well, there must be SOMETHING there. Can you upload or email your file and
show me in different color text which sentence you're removing?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"DanielVillatoro" wrote in
message ...

"Anne Troy" wrote:

[...]

DanielVillatoro

Hi Cyber Taz, yes it is a form template and the three fields are text boxes
with a specific amount of characters. So when I need to include the text it
flows perfectly, but when I have l have to leave it out, it creates a big
space between words. I am sure you understand my rambling but let me give an
example:

I need to INCLUDE MY NAME in the following manner

I need to in the following manner

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Daniel

"CyberTaz" wrote:

On 9/9/05 4:25 PM, in article , "Anne
Troy" wrote:

I have created a fill-in document

Do you mean a Form template? Is the area occupied by a Text Box, Text Form
Field, etc.?

Regards |:)

CyberTaz

What you are finding is that you can delete the text in the fields, but you
can't delete the fields, themselves.

I'm afraid I can't tell you what you need to use instead, but I believe Text
Box Fields would have to be manipulated through VBA in order to have them
removed if left empty. Someone more familiar with from design may have
something to offer.

Good Luck |:)