jamdh

Default Cannot delete "draft" watermark

I cannot delete the "draft" watermark and I have tried to copy and paste into
a new document and I still can't delete it. Help!

View | Header and Footer. Select the watermark and press Delete.

"jamdh" wrote in message
I cannot delete the "draft" watermark and I have tried to copy and paste

into
a new document and I still can't delete it. Help!

Shauna Kelly

Hi

Depending on your version of Word, and how you inserted the watermark in the
first place:

1. Is the watermark in the document, or is it coming from the printer? In
File Print Preview, if you don't see it, then your printer has been told
to inserrt the watermark. File Print. Click Properties, make the change
and then click Close (to avoid actually printing the document).

2. If the watermark was added as a watermark in recent versions of Word,
then Format Background Printed Watermark. Choose No watermark.

3. If neither of the above are true, the watermark must be in the header or
footer. View Header and Footer. You should now be able to click on the
watermark and delete it.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"jamdh" wrote in message
I cannot delete the "draft" watermark and I have tried to copy and paste
into
a new document and I still can't delete it. Help!

Even if it's inserted via Format | Background | Printed Watermark, it's
still just a graphic anchored to the header and can be removed accordingly
(and sometimes that's the only way to remove a watermark from a First Page
Header or header in a single section).