Kristyski

Default Can I delete a paragraph mark in a header?

Can I delete a paragraph mark after my 1 row of 9 table cells, which is in my
header?
garfield-n-odie

No, but you can select the paragraph mark and format it either as 1-point
font size (which makes it almost invisible) or as hidden font (which makes it
totally invisible).

"Kristyski" wrote:

Can I delete a paragraph mark after my 1 row of 9 table cells, which is in my
header?

nattodaisuki

Everytime i try to save a doc in Word, the same author name and same title of
the doc are the used. this occurs for every file being saved in Word. This is
a problem because the name is not me. i think maybe because the first word
doc that i opened was from the person whose name is appearing as the author.

I go in under properties and change each file after saving it originally but
then if i edit the file at a later time and click save, the author and title
of the doc revert back to the original wrong ones.

I have tried to fix this by going under - tools, options, and setting the
user info with my information but it didnt work.

any help/advice would be much appreciated. thanks.

Stefan Blom

Does the document contain a field which sets the author name and
title? For example, a field such as { AUTHOR "David Stenn" } would
change the "Author" entry of the FileProperties dialog box to "David
Stenn".

Here's how to find out: With the problem document open, click ALT+F9.
Word displays field codes. Can you see one or more fields similar to
the one in my example above? If you can, simply remove the text,
including the quotation marks around it. (Of course, you can remove
the entire field, if you wish, but then the data will no longer
display in the document.)

When all of the above fields (if any) have been modified, press ALT+F9
again to hide field codes. Select the entire document and press F9 to
update field display.

Now you should be able to change the name and title of the document by
using the following procedu On the File menu, click Properties.
Click the Summary tab. Enter the correct information, and then click
OK. Save the file.

The above must be made on a document-by-document basis. If documents
were created from a template (as opposed to using FileSave As with an
existing document), you should modify the template as well.

--
Stefan Blom

"nattodaisuki" wrote in
message ...
Everytime i try to save a doc in Word, the same author name and same

title of
the doc are the used. this occurs for every file being saved in

Word. This is
a problem because the name is not me. i think maybe because the

first word
doc that i opened was from the person whose name is appearing as the

author.

I go in under properties and change each file after saving it

originally but
then if i edit the file at a later time and click save, the author

and title
of the doc revert back to the original wrong ones.

I have tried to fix this by going under - tools, options, and

setting the
user info with my information but it didnt work.

any help/advice would be much appreciated. thanks.

Joseph McGuire

There may be a simpler way. I have had this problem and fixed it once I
realized that a lot of information about a document was store in Properties
(File, Properties). Whatever is listed as the Title, Author, etc in that
original document, including a template, will be carried along into every
new document that is created from it. Thus, when I open a template I
created from a Word file years ago, Word will suggest the name of that
original document as the name for the new one. I fixed this by opening the
template (a *.dot file), opening the Properties window and deleting the
Title and any other extraneous information, and then saving the changes.
Now when I save the newly-created document Word suggests a name consisting
of the first few words of the new document. The same procedure works for
documents that are not actual Word templates, such as any Word document you
are using as forms for creating new ones. Hope this helps.