RobG

Default Copy/paste sans formatting

The default in Word is to paste with the format of the copied text,
rather than the format of where the text is being inserted. I hate
that, especially when pasting into corporate templates where the
layout has to be just so. I either have to use:

Edit - paste special - unformatted text

or paste the text, then apply the right formatting. But this is
painful as Word starts to add its own ideas on styles to my styles menu
based on the pasted text. To ease my pain, I have created a small
macro that uses pasteUnformatted. However, now I get the "your
document contains macros..." warning whenever I open Word documents.

But what I would *really* like to do is turn off the "feature" in Word
that makes pasteFormatted the default. Is this possible?

As a related question, I use Powerpoint to create drawings, then past
them into Word. By default, Word makes them an object, which I hate -
I just want a picture. So I tell it to paste as picture.

But now Word ignores my default for pasting pictures, which is "inline
with paragraph".

How can I tell Word not to paste objects, just pictures, *and* use my
default for pasting - i.e. inline?

--
Rob
Chuck Davis

Rob,

Open Notepad. Copy your text to the clipboard, paste into Notepad. Select
all in Notepad, copy to the clipboard, and then paste into your word
document.
"RobG" wrote in message
news
[...]

Stefan Blom

For information on how Word handles copy and paste, please see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html and
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ionsWorks.html.

--
Stefan Blom

"RobG" wrote in message
news
[...]

Fred Holmes

I have written a macro, just a simple "Paste Special Unformatted"
prespred as a recorded keystroke macro.

Sub Paste_Special_Unformatted()
Selection.PasteSpecial Link:=False, DataType:=wdPasteText,
Placement:= _
wdInLine, DisplayAsIcon:=False
End Sub

and then bound it to Alt+V

Tools = Customize = Keyboard = Macros . . .

Then I paste with Alt+V instead of Ctrl+V and get the behavior you
wish.

Fred Holmes