Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dawn_michele dawn_michele is offline

Default I want to insert an excel document into a word document.

In versions previous to Word 2003, you could insert a document into a Word
document. It would show up as an icon within the Word document and act as a
link, but the user would not need access to the original location of the
file. Essentially, it save a file within a file, so when you clicked on the
icon, it would open the document in another window.

I need to know if this is still possible in 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Well, sure - in either of at least 2 ways;

If you want to embed (not link to) the Excel file: In Word go to
InsertObject - Create from File. Once you select the Excel file put a check
in the box to Display as Icon.

If you _copy_ content from the Excel file: In Word go to EditPaste
Special - MS Office Excel Worksheet Object, check the Display as Icon box.

If you do want to create links (rather than embedding) just put checks in
the respective Link boxes you'll recognize in the same dialogs.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"dawn_michele" wrote in message
In versions previous to Word 2003, you could insert a document into a Word
document. It would show up as an icon within the Word document and act as
link, but the user would not need access to the original location of the
file. Essentially, it save a file within a file, so when you clicked on
the
icon, it would open the document in another window.

I need to know if this is still possible in 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Noel Noel is offline

When we insert an excel spreadsheet as an icon into a word document, then
click on the icon to open, it doesn't let us open it. It just moves the icon
around. Is there something we are doing wrong?

Thanks