Jackie D

Default templates based on other templates

Word 2003:

I hope this question isn't too odd!

I have created what I call a 'base' template that I use as the basis for
numerous other templates.

So, when I open that base template and rename it under another template
name, to make style modifications etc, when I tick 'save to template' am I
saving to the newly named template or the original 'base' template?
--

Many thanks
JD

Without trying it, my gut feeling would be that you would be saving to the
base template, but this may not be correct. Obviously, to save changes to
the current template, you need only save the template (same as making
changes in a document).