Peyton Todd

Default Bottom Page Margin Inconsistent

Hello. Now I have another serious problem since what I'm writing at the
moment has a 15 pages limit. Margins of one inch all around are permitted,
and I've set it that way in the Page Setup dialog of the File menu. However
on some pages, an extra 5/8 inches appears at the bottom That is, 1 and 3/4
total, since my page numbers are occupying 1/8 inch. I do have footnotes on
other pages, but not on the pages affected. And No, it's not because of a lot
of carriage returns inserted there. I can turn on View Special Characters
(the little pilcrow icon at the top) and I see nothing there!

I'm posting this right away in case someone knows the answer right away, but
meanwhile I'll keep investigating it. At the risk of giving people a
headache: On one page a certain table midway down the page (not at the
bottom) seemed to be the problem since I could delete the table and the
margins would be fine again, put it back and the problem reappears. But when
I did further editing of the document, deleting stuff thus causing stuff to
move upward in the document, now that page is fine (though it still has the
table in it - actually it's two smaller tables inside a larger table), but
the problem appears on a different page!

Thanks in advance!
--
Peyton Todd
Shauna Kelly

Hi Peyton

See http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/BottomLine.htm

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Peyton Todd" wrote in message
[...]

Peyton Todd

Thanks. I don't think it was becaise pf any of the reasons Suzanne mentions
in her article. However, in the present incarnation of my document, the
problem has disappeared, so I won't worry unless it happens again.

By the way, as a 'quid pro quo': you might want to know that there's a type
on your website. Toward the upper right, 'How do I control Word document
opens' ... I think you left out the word 'whether'.

Peyton