Trekguy1

Default Not able to print "optional information" fields on lables in mail

I'm not able to choose which of the items in the "optional information" field
within the match fields dialog box get printed on my labels for a mail merge.
My data appears in the mail merge recipients dialog box, but when I finsih
creating my address block, the "optional information" I had selected is
missing.

Help!
Graham Mayor

What's the data source? And what optional information? If Outlook - see
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm may help also.

Trekguy1 wrote:
I'm not able to choose which of the items in the "optional
information" field within the match fields dialog box get printed on
my labels for a mail merge. My data appears in the mail merge
recipients dialog box, but when I finsih creating my address block,
the "optional information" I had selected is missing.

Help!

trekguy1

The source is an Excel spreadsheet. In step 4 of the mail merge wizard, I
click on "Address Block" and the Insert Address Block window comes up. Then
I click on the "Match Fields" button and then the Match Fields window comes
up. In that window there's a list that has "Required Information" (Last
Name, First Name, etc.).
Below that, there's an even bigger list of "Optional Information" (Middle
Name, Sufix, etc.). I'm trying to get a second name to appear (when
necessary) on the second row of the address block on mailing labels. I'm
already using all of the fields in the "Required Information" area, so I was
hoping to use one of the "Optional" ones, Unfortunately, I'm not able to get
them to show up on the label, even when I use the drop-down selection list
that shows the columns in my data source. Any ideas?

Trekguy1 wrote:
I'm not able to choose which of the items in the "optional
information" field within the match fields dialog box get printed on
my labels for a mail merge. My data appears in the mail merge
recipients dialog box, but when I finsih creating my address block,
the "optional information" I had selected is missing.

Help!

Doug Robbins

Don't use the Address Block. Simply insert the fields that you require in
the configuration that you require.

I would also recomment that instead using the Wizard, you select Toolbars
from the View menu and then check the Mail merge toolbar item. This will
then display a toolbar that gives you access to all of the mailmerge
features.

You should also look at the two web pages to which Graham gave you the links
(if you have not done so already).

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.