Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jeanne Wilson Jeanne Wilson is offline

Default Set a starting Point in Letterhead Template

I am creating templates for letterhead - the bulk of the letterhead will be printed; we will insert the names of the shareholders since the list changes periodically and this way we won't need to have new letterhead printed everytime someone comes or goes in the Firm.

My questions are (I've already thought of another one since starting this post):

I'd like to "link" the letterhead template to the address book so the individual shareholder name, email address and direct line will print on letterhead for that particular person. After that information is inserted, an automatic date will be inserted. I'd like the template to then position itself after the date to the point where the name/address/phone number will be inserted to begin creation of the letterhead.

So - how do I do that, exactly? (Word 2007) And thanks for your help ahead of time.

Jeanne.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Word Angel Word Angel is offline

On Mar 11, 3:14*pm, "Jeanne Wilson"
wrote:
[...]

Wow, the first part sounds pretty sophisticated! To get the letter to
start at a certain position on the page, I suggest formatting the auto-
date field which you said you were going to insert so that it contains
paragraph after spacing. That way no matter what the spacing between
the date and the beginning of the letter remains constant.

Hope that helps.
Angel Bivins

www.wordangel.com
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jeanne Wilson Jeanne Wilson is offline

It does sound complicated, doesn't it? Unfortunately in the "competing" word processing program we use here this type of template is a piece of cake to set up - takes all of about 10 minutes. Trying to set up the same type of template in Word has been, well, challenging. It may just be that without extensive programming skills, of which I fall seriously short, it can't be done. I'll just have to improvise, I guess. I will certainly adopt your suggestion about the "space after" on the auto date paragraph. That will be useful.

Thanks so much for your input, Angel.

Jeanne.