Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vttanker vttanker is offline

Default Save a form without the form fields, but retain all formatting.

I'm trying to figure out how I can take a form, that has been filled in, and
save that as a document without all the form fields. I still want to retain
all the data and formating, so a paste special - unformatted text won't work.
The intent is to be able to use the document for other purposes without all
the form field baggage.
--
Tim Murphy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

vttanker wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how I can take a form, that has been filled
in, and save that as a document without all the form fields. I still
want to retain all the data and formating, so a paste special -
unformatted text won't work. The intent is to be able to use the
document for other purposes without all the form field baggage.

First unprotect the document. Then select all (Ctrl+A) and unlink the fields
(Ctrl+Shift+F9). That converts all the field results to plain text.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman