beasey

Default do i have to download agenda wizard everytime I want to use it?

i have downloaded the agenda wizard at my place of employment because it was
unavailable with the other wizards. I used it once and can not find it. Does
it have to be downloaded every time I want to use it?

This is frustrating, isn't it? Some of the online wizards do seem to expect
you to use them only online, but it *is* possible to install them:

I tried various ways to do this and finally found one that works. Go ahead
and use the wizard online to create your agenda. Just keep clicking Next
and then Finish; it won't matter what your answers a all you want to do
is get through the thing and get the document on your computer. When the
Wizard is through with its magic, follow these steps:

1. Select Tools | Macro | Macros.

2. Drop down the "Macros in" list and look for one with a weird name (in my
case it was tp847.dot). Copy the name down exactly.

3. Use Windows Find/Search to find that file. It will be in Word's Recent
folder and will be just a shortcut. (As a shortcut, you can use the History
button on the Places Bar in Word's File Open dialog to locate it.)

4. Right-click on the filename and choose Properties. If you're doing this
in Windows Explorer, look for the Target box on the Shortcut tab. If in
Word's File Open dialog, look for Location on the General tab.

5. Select the path and use Ctrl+C to copy it.

6. In Word's File Open dialog, use Ctrl+V to paste the path into the "File
name" box. Press Enter.

7. This will open the actual template. It will be blank, but don't worry
about that; the main thing is that it contains all the macros you need to
create the newsletter.

8. Choose Save As and select Document Template as the file type if it is not
already selected.

9. Ordinarily when you choose to save something as a template, Word will
default to the Templates folder, but that didn't happen in this case, so
you'll have to navigate to your user templates folder (if you're unsure, get
the path from the File Locations tab of Tools | Options). If there's a
subfolder you want it to be in, choose that.

10. You'll probably want to change the file name to something like
Agenda Wizard.dot.

11. Save and close. When you select your Agenda Wizard in the File New
dialog, it will behave just the same as it did online.